The Louisiana concealed carry course is a slated 9 hour course completed in one day.
About Instructor James Lewis
- Instruction on handgun nomenclature and safe handling procedures of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol
- Instruction on ammunition knowledge and fundamentals ofpistol shooting
- Instruction on the use of deadly force and conflict resolution which will include a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 and which may include a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force
- Instruction on handgun shooting positions
- Instruction on child access prevention
- Actual firearm utilization. Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36 rounds
- Each applicant or permittee must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance
- Each applicant or permittee must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 Type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds
He is a career law enforcement officer with over 25 years of service. He is also a current Shift Lieutenant assigned to the patrol division with the Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office, Training Officer, Special Operations Group (SWAT) Co Commander, Former Investigator, Louisiana Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Firearms Instructor and graduate of the FBI Law Enforcement Instructor School/Instructor Development Program.