Permits & Inspections

Services > Parish

Permits & Inspections

The Iberville Parish Permits & Inspections Department is prioritizes the safety of new construction projects. The department's regulations and policies follow the International Building Codes. The department is also required by FEMA to enforce flood zone management.

The Permits & Inspections Department is responsible for issuing new construction, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, demolition, solar panel, and mobile home permits. The department also addresses complaints related to high grass, debris, derelict structures, junk, and junk/abandoned vehicles.

View and download all available application forms below. For questions or cost of fees contact our office at (225) 687-5150. To view the Iberville Parish Permits interactive map, click here.

Stephen Gullotto_SQ

Code Enforcement Officer Stephen

  • (225) 687-5150

Additional Info

To begin, download and review the New Construction Packet. You must submit plans, proof of ownership of property, and a description (including size) of property. If in flood zone, a BFE is required (by FEMA). If not in flood zone, Proposed Elevation Certificate Must be completed by a Certified Surveyor, confirming 12” dirt pad. DHH is required for Sewer Permit (if not community sewer).

Once site visit is done and plan review is completed by Parish Certified Building Official, the homeowner is allowed to pull only the New Construction Permit. If acting as own contractor, an affidavit is to be filled out, signed, notarized, and submitted to the Permits & Inspections Department. All other trades including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical must be pulled by a licensed contractor. The contractor must be registered in the Iberville Parish Sales Tax Office and then in the Permits Office.

Required Documents & Fees

  • Current Louisiana State Contractors License
  • Occupational License (from Domicile Parish)
  • Copy of General Liability with Workers Compensation
  • Copy of Sales Tax Clearance Letter
  • Fee of $100*

*A plan review fee and inspection fee will be added to the cost of the permits. Additional cost is determined at time of plan review.

To begin fill out application for a site visit. You must provide the Permit Office with proof of ownership of property and a description (including size) of property. If in flood zone, a BFE is required (by FEMA). If not in flood zone, community sewer and permit from DHH is required. If not owner of property, a signed and notarized statement is required from owner/owners giving individual permission to place the mobile home on the property. All requirements must be met before a mobile home permit is issued.

An Electrical Permit must be pulled by a Licensed Electrician to do the electrical work. Once all work is done and approved by Iberville Parish Inspector, then electrical company is contact for hook-up. The person must have an active account setup with their utility department at that time. A Mobile Home Requirement Package is given at time of site visit approval and all must be followed, including meeting all setbacks.

Name Download
New Construction Permit
Demolition Permit
Mobile Home Permit
Solar Panel Permit
Electrical Trade Application
Mechanical Trade Application
Plumbing Trade Application
New Construction Packet

Department Address:
58030 Meriam Street
Plaquemine, LA 70764

Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.